TI-701 Trauma Informed Care: Coming Soon
Who would Benefit from Participation?
- Anyone who works with trauma survivors and wishes to implement TIC principles and development of practices
- Is a stakeholder or survivor or supports someone recovering after trauma
- This course is an entry level course and not limited to mental health professionals. No special requirements or degrees are necessary for this non-counselling training stream.
What is Trauma Informed Care Training?
Whether you work in a mental health care setting, hospital, school, or justice system, you will be face with individuals who have struggled with the impact of trauma. Learning the essential skills for assisting those with trauma histories is fundamental. With up to XXX% +/- of the population having experienced a trauma first-hand, Trauma Informed skills training is essential.
Working with trauma survivors in high stress/high demand situations can lead to extreme reactions where fight or flight triggers lead to dangerous incidents. Learning to be Trauma Informed Care practitioner, whatever your role can make the difference between a situation which spirals out of control or one where you lean in and make offer the right skills at the right time!
Recognizing the impact of trauma in your workplace or volunteer role is a powerful tool.
The purpose of this course is to provide an enhanced ability to manage job stressors, harness our best skills when working with potentially traumatized populations, build a toolkit of approaches in the so you can understand how to manage your own reactions and warning signs as well as those you see in the populations you serve.
The chief learning objective is to expand upon the professional’s existing knowledge and expertise in caring for trauma survivors, while learning about the target service provision group, gain job enhancement skills, and manage personal reactions in high demand field of post trauma care positions.
- Upon completion of this course students will understand and be able to recognize:
- What is Trauma
- What is Trauma Informed Care (TIC)
- Trauma & the ACE Studies
- Trauma & Addictions
- 6 core TIC Principles
- 3 E’s of TRAUMA to discover & relate to practice
- Learning Frontline Fatigue Prevention & Resiliency strategies.
- 4 R’s in a TIC system – Assumptions & Principles
- 10 Domains to Implement
- 16 Strategies for TIC
- In depth narrated interactive course presentation
- Downloadable student manual for your personal and workplace use
- Final quiz requiring a passing grade of 80%
- Estimated course time: 6 hours
- Certificate of completion
- 160 day access (extendable within 12 months)
- Required Course Readings – Trauma Informed Care (Manual for TI-701)
- Continuing education credit if available*
Course Price: $59 CAD plus applicable taxes.
Your online trauma classes have been my absolute favorite continuing education classes due to the organized and condensed format of the material, accessibility from home, affordable price, and exhaustive lists of therapeutic techniques. – Lisa Compton, LCSW, Midlothian, USA
Our Dedication to Your Success
We’re dedicated to your success. If you are not satisfied with our courses, we will give you a full refund within 10 days of your purchase.