TI-102 Trauma Evaluation & Community Resources (TECR)
Who Benefits from Participation?
- First responders (e.g., fire/rescue, emergency medical services, law enforcement)
- Mental health, community health care professionals, case managers and volunteers working with trauma survivors.
- This is an entry-level program and no prerequisites are required to receive the Trauma Evaluation & Community Resources certificate other than successful course completion.
What Is Trauma Evaluation & Community Resources?
Our Trauma Evaluation & Community Resources is the essential course for all case managers, emergency and early response professionals, community workers and volunteers who work with trauma survivors. You will learn the history, theory and treatment methods associated with traumatic stress disorders. You will also learn effective approaches for trauma recovery and how to identify post-trauma warning signs.
This trauma-informed care course focuses on developing skills in diagnosing, evaluating and treating PTSD for those without a counseling mandate who work with trauma survivors.
This second course in the Community & Workplace Traumatologist designation will focus on topics and skill-building involving how to utilize networking for self and clients, case conferencing, consulting, advocacy, as well as making referrals and identifying useful community resources. Ethical approaches to trauma assistance will also be reviewed and discussed.
With our state-of-the-art technology, you will have unlimited access to this online, self-paced course for 160 days (as opposed to a 1- to 2-day training session) AND support all along the way.
Download TI-102 Course Outline HERE
- Overview of the history, theory and treatment methods associated with traumatic stress disorders.
- Increase knowledge of types of evaluation and treatments available for stress reactions.
- Identify the major symptoms of acute and chronic post-traumatic stress disorders.
- Access community resources, case-conferencing, consultation and advocacy.
- Understand phase-oriented treatment with trauma survivors.
- Discuss how the helper may effectively employ the “self” as a helping instrument.
- In-depth narrated interactive course presentation
- Downloadable student manual for your personal and workplace use
- Final quiz requiring a passing grade of 80%
- Estimated course time: 7 hours
- Certificate of completion
- 160 day access (extendable within 12 months)
- Required Course Readings – Trauma Evaluation & Community Resources (Manual for Course TI-102)
- Continuing education credit if available*
Course Price: $75 CAD plus applicable taxes.
I wanted to thank you for the opportunity to take part in the Community and Workplace Traumatologist program. I really enjoyed the course and will pass on my knowledge gained for years to come. – Jeff Cartwright
Our Dedication to Your Success
We’re dedicated to your success. If you are not satisfied with our courses, we will give you a full refund within 10 days of your purchase.
Register for course TI-102 OR for the complete designations, Click Clinical Traumatologist or Community & Workplace Traumatologist.
Organizations that Recognize Traumatology Institute Programs
- American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress (AAETS)*
- Board of Behavioral Sciences – California*
- Canadian Professional Counsellors Association*
- Canadian Psychological Association*
- Green Cross Academy of Traumatology*
- National Association of Social Workers*
- National Center for Crisis Management*
- U.S. Psychiatric & Mental Health Congress*
- International Association of Trauma Professionals (IATP)*
*Separate application required.