TI-601 TeleMental Health Introductory
Who Benefits from Participation?
- Mental health and health care professionals ready to learn to use an online system delivery to meet with their patients/clients.
- This is an entry-level course and no prerequisites are required to receive the TeleMental Health Intro Certificate other than successful course completion.
What Is TeleMental Health Introduction?
Our TeleMental Health Introductory Certificate course will provide you with a quick primer for the industry and get you started in establishing secure online meetings with your clients.
Leading TeleMental Health and Trauma Informed Care experts and psychologists, Dr. Marlene Maheu and Dr. Anna Baranowsky, have collaborated to offer you this basic skills development program to begin your work offering care in a secure online platform.
Dr. Maheu is the director of the well-established Telebehavioral Health Institute (https://telehealth.org/) and has been educating professionals in the field to prepare for skilled online service delivery.
You will learn about relevant definitions, legal concerns, HIPAA compliance, conducting care online and delivery options that will aid you in your first steps toward secure online meetings. Learn TeleMental Health basics and begin your online practice with a sense of confidence and competence.
- Learn definitions such as TeleHealth, TeleMental Health, Online Counseling, Online Therapy, and the “Teles.”
- Recognize consumer demand, the reality of working online and how to prepare for it.
- Learn about the psycho technologies in practice today – as well as principles, standards & guidelines to ensure standards of care.
- Address licensure issues; Practicing Over State/Province Lines; Check Local Jurisdictions & Services; Disclaimers / Informed Consent.
- Understand HIPAA Compliance; privacy protection regulations regarding client contact and sharing of PHI as well as the importance of encryption.
- Explore the pros and cons of using social networking.
- Reflect on the use of telephones in practice.
- Reflect on the use of videoconferencing in practice (e.g., reliability; insecure systems such as Skype; other methods; production values, etc.).
- Review of technological platforms through practical checklists.
- Consider reimbursement (i.e., traditional hub and spoke model; billing options).
- Survey group, individual, debriefing and defusing models.
- Address your own first steps using our Online Practice Checklist.
- Learn about risk management – the Online Clinical Practice Model.
- Be familiar with legal & ethical issues & risk management.
- Be prepared before you begin your online care services.
- In-depth narrated interactive course presentation
- Downloadable student manual for your personal and workplace use
- Final quiz with requiring a passing grade of 80%
- Estimated course time: 7 hours
- Certificate of completion
- 160 day access (extendable within 12 months)
- Required Course Readings – TeleMental Health Introduction (Manual for Course TI-601)
- Continuing education credit if available*
Course Price: $52.95 CAD plus applicable taxes.
I completed the course and it was very educational, the work was straight forward and I enjoyed it. I look forward to doing more online courses. Thank you for your help and giving me this opportunity. – Julianna Chookomolin, Timmins (Canada)
Our Dedication to Your Success
We’re dedicated to your success. If you are not satisfied with our courses, we will give you a full refund within 10 days of your purchase.