TI-103 Standards of CWT Trauma Care: Attachment, Systems & Context
Who would Benefit from Participation?
- First responders (e.g., fire/rescue, emergency medical services, law enforcement)
- Mental health & community health care professionals; volunteers working with trauma survivors.
- No pre-requisites are required to receive the Standards of Trauma Care certificate other than successful course completion.
What is Standards of CWT Trauma Care: Attachment, Systems & Context?
Our Standards of CWT Trauma Care: Attachment, Systems & Context course encourages the consideration of factors such as age, gender, race, culture, social class, etc. that impact trauma response and recovery. This course will help the Traumatologist empower the individual, family, community or organization and will address the social work and case management associated with providing the best fit between appropriate treatment and individual need.
The course is also designed to enhance skills development among individuals whose work, volunteer or personal activities take them into contact with individuals or groups who have been directly exposed to trauma. Assisting trauma survivors requires an in-depth knowledge of their backgrounds and identities.
With our state-of-the-art technology, you will have unlimited access to this online, self-paced course for 160 days (as opposed to a 1- to 2-day training session) AND support all along the way
This course is the third course of our Community & Workplace Traumatologist designations.
- Learn about attachment & development.
- Understand the legacy of traumatized children.
- Grasp the nuances of the impact of family systems & how to make trauma interventions work in a system.
- Learn how to respond to traumatized families.
- Develop cross-cultural competencies & awareness of others’ and one’s own cultural values & framework.
- Recognize differences in trauma responses among varied cultural, racial, gender, age, group and communities.
- Apply ethical standards of care for traumatologists.
- In depth narrated interactive course presentation
- Downloadable student manual for your personal and workplace use
- Final quiz requiring a passing grade of 80%
- Estimated course time: 7 hours
- Certificate of completion
- 160 day access (extendable within 12 months)
- Required Course Readings – Standards of CWT Trauma Care: (Manual for Course TI-103)
- Continuing education credit if available*
Course Price: $75 CAD plus applicable taxes.
The program (Community and Workplace) is not only a perfect fit in terms of how I would like to approach any potential vocational endeavors… the information and learning is very clearly put together; is relevant; is so up to date in terms of treatment: and hints of the “First Aid” modeling for intervention is fitting in terms of my old life as a paramedic; some of the Incident Command information, for instance, is somewhat a review of things we needed to learn for the street for physical injury. – Darren Gregory, Paramedic (Retired)
Our Dedication to Your Success
We’re dedicated to your success. If you are not satisfied with our courses, we will give you a full refund within 10 days of your purchase.