TI-202 Overview of Assessment & Interventions
Who would Benefit from Participation?
- Social workers, nurses, psychologist, master’s level counselors.
- Mental health care professionals.
- Students must have a Master’s degree, completed or in progress, related to a clinical or counseling field; OR at least four years of counseling experience with ongoing supervision by a local registered mental health clinician.
- Unsure if you qualify? Ask us or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Overview of Assessment & Interventions?
Our Overview of Assessment & Interventions course is an essential guide to learning how to conduct proper assessments resulting in an appropriate diagnosis or pre-screening evaluations. This course addresses assessment approaches, clinical interventions, research, theory and practical applications to help the trauma care professional assist clients. The syllabus focuses on the process by which one could conduct assessments that could add to an appropriate diagnosis. Participants will gain the skills to be able to recognize the differences between usual and distressed behavior, approach cases with skill, and have minimal adverse effects upon the client, family and community.
In this second course of Clinical Traumatology designation, participants will expand the specialty of their practice to include the field of trauma recovery which includes focus on group work and methods for assisting traumatized individuals.
With our state-of-the-art technology, you will have unlimited access to this online, self-paced course for 160 days (as opposed to a 1- to 2-day training session) AND support all along the way.
- Study theory, history and treatment methods related to traumatic stress disorders.
- Advance knowledge of categories of expertise in assessment & treatment solutions for disorders of extreme stress.
- Recognize post-traumatic stress responses and disorders from a trauma theory perspective.
- Distinguish the prominent symptoms of acute and chronic post-traumatic stress disorders.
- Establish key tools employed to assess disorders associated with traumatic stress.
- Understand phase-oriented treatment with trauma survivors and implementation of a Tri-Phasic treatment model.
- Recognize the proposed and theoretical “active ingredients” to practical trauma treatment.
- Review the ways in which a therapist can effectively employ the “self” as an instrument for healing.
- In depth narrated interactive course presentation
- Downloadable student manual for your personal and workplace use
- Final quiz requiring a passing grade of 80%
- Estimated course time: 6 hours
- Certificate of completion
- 160 day access (extendable within 12 months)
- Required Course Readings – Overview of Assessment & Interventions (Manual for Course TI-202)
- Continuing education credit if available*
Course Price: $75 CAD plus applicable taxes.
Your online trauma classes have been my absolute favorite continuing education classes due to the organized and condensed format of the material, accessibility from home, affordable price, and exhaustive lists of therapeutic techniques. – Lisa Compton, LCSW, Midlothian, USA