TI-105 Group Approaches for Community Trauma Response
Who would Benefit from Participation?
- First responders (e.g., fire/rescue, emergency medical services, law enforcement)
- Mental health & community health care professionals; volunteers working with trauma survivors.
- Individuals who work in crisis response, emergency services and/or disaster management.
- This is an entry-level program and no pre-requisites are required to receive the Group Approaches Trauma Survivors certificate other than successful course completion.
What is Group Approaches for Community Trauma Response?
Our Group Approaches for Community Trauma Response course explores peer models of group intervention with trauma survivors. Psycho-educational group approaches with self-help and personal empowerment components will form the basis of this program. Various types of program promotion and admission procedures will be addressed.
The course is also designed to enhance skills development among individuals whose work, volunteer or personal activities bring them into contact with individuals or groups who have been directly exposed to trauma.
With our state-of-the-art technology, you will have unlimited access to this online, self-paced course for 160 days (as opposed to a 1- to 2-day training session) AND support all along the way.
This program is the fifth course of our Community & Workplace Traumatologist designation.
- Learn Peer and “Support” type group approaches for work with trauma survivors including: supportive, psycho-educational, self-help, personal empowerment models; group member selection decisions; promotion and program development
- Understand the underlying principles of group dynamics.
- Address the needs of trauma survivors in a group format.
- Learn how to select an appropriate group model for the needs of your group and setting.
- Practical applications of group models.
- In depth narrated interactive course presentation
- Downloadable student manual for your personal and workplace use
- Final quiz requiring a passing grade of 80%
- Estimated course time: 12 hours
- Certificate of completion
- 160 day access (extendable within 12 months)
- Required Course Readings – Group Approaches for Community Trauma Response (Manual for TI-105)
- Continuing education credit if available*
Course Price: $119 CAD plus applicable taxes.
I have had a great experience with the e-learning program in clinical traumatology, at TIC. I loved the combination of theory and clinical work. It is a very rich program and the possibility to apply what you’re learning with actual clients, in your own work environment, is such a great asset. The textbooks and the slideshows are clear and very well documented, with the latest research. You can work at your own pace, which is very convenient when you have a full-time job, like me. Overall, I recommend this program without hesitation! – Coline Snow, Clinical Psychologist, Montreal, PQ
Our Dedication to Your Success
We’re dedicated to your success. This is why if you are not satisfied with our courses, we will give you a full refund within 10 days of your purchase.