TI-107 Compassion Fatigue Resiliency & Recovery–Educator
Who would Benefit from Participation?
- First responders (e.g., fire/rescue, emergency medical services, law enforcement).
- Mental health & community health care practitioners; legal professionals; Red Cross members; victim services.
Workers, family or volunteers providing services to those who have experienced trauma, serious injuries or illness.
- This is an entry-level course and no prerequisites are required to receive the Compassion Fatigue Resiliency & Recovery-Educator certificate other than successful course completion.
What is Compassion Fatigue Resiliency & Recovery-Educator?
Learn about Compassion Fatigue & Burnout warning signs and resiliency strategies. Refresh your outlook by exploring what happens in high demand careers or when caring for others where exposure to secondary trauma is a common element. Find out what approaches work well to re-energize and replenish yourself when demands seem overwhelming.
In this Brief Compassion Fatigue Resiliency & Recovery course, students will learn about the impact of Compassion Fatigue, Secondary Traumatic Stress, Burnout and other related stress responses on care providers. Covered in this brief overview are self-reflection exercises, links to Compassion Fatigue self-evaluation protocols and resiliency building strategies.
This course is beneficial to anyone who requires an understanding of the issues of Compassion Fatigue and Burnout, as well as to those who directly supervise front line workers.
With our state-of-the-art technology, you will have unlimited access to this online, self-paced course for 160 days (as opposed to a 1- to 2-day training session) AND support all along the way.
This is the sixth course of Community & Workplace Traumatologist designations.
Download TI-107 Course Outline HERE
- Gain an overview of Compassion Fatigue, Secondary Traumatic Stress, Burn-Out & Stress reaction.
- Review relevant literature in the area of Compassion Fatigue, Vicarious Traumatization, Burn-Out & Secondary Trauma Response.
- Be exposed to self-evaluation materials for self-reflection or referral to others.
- Identify Compassion Fatigue responses and related difficulties.
- Reflect on effective tools for self-care.
- Identify key approaches and strategies for addressing Compassion Fatigue and related stressors.
- Understand the proposed and theoretical “active ingredients” to effective Compassion Fatigue care.
- In depth narrated interactive course presentation
- Downloadable student manual for your personal and workplace use
- Estimated course time: 7 hours
- Certificate of completion
- 160 day access (extendable within 12 months)
- Required – Listen to Compassion Fatigue Resiliency & Recovery-Educator learning module
- Continuing education credit if available*
Course Price: $29.95 CAD plus applicable taxes.
I am currently in the Compassion Fatigue course and finding it very helpful. For the past year and a half I have been working on disaster recovery in High River. Many of the agency workers have experienced CF in varying degrees and I have been able to assist them using the tools from this course. – Tim Neubauer (Jan 25, 2015)
Our Dedication to Your Success
We’re dedicated to your success. If you are not satisfied with our courses, we will give you a full refund within 10 days of your purchase.
Register for course TI-107 OR for the complete designations, Click Clinical Traumatologist or Community & Workplace Traumatologist.
Organizations that Recognize Traumatology Institute Programs
- American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress (AAETS)*
- Board of Behavioral Sciences – California*
- Canadian Professional Counsellors Association*
- Canadian Psychological Association*
- Green Cross Academy of Traumatology*
- National Association of Social Workers*
- National Center for Crisis Management*
- U.S. Psychiatric & Mental Health Congress*
- International Association of Trauma Professionals (IATP)*
*Separate application required.