- How to Utilize the Tri-Phasic Trauma Treatment Model.
- Step-by-step explanations of many popular and effective CBT techniques
- Addresses the cognitive, behavioral, body-oriented, and emotional/relational aftermath of trauma using impactful care approaches
- Interventions include: Trigger List Development, 3-6 Breath Training, Layering, Systematic Desensitization, Exposure Therapy, Story-Telling Approaches, as well as new approaches inspired by recent research on neuroplasticity such as Picture Positive, Corrective Messages from Old Storyline, and Thematic Map.
- Guide for both seasoned trauma therapists and newer mental health professionals seeking practical approaches that work.
This important book both addresses what we know today at a theoretical level and, equally importantly, explains clinical methods in the context of treatment. The authors offer a comprehensive guide for clinicians working with the traumatized. The guidance is detailed. This book presents clear instructions to traumatologists, even the most experienced [and] is also an excellent resource for trainers, teachers, and educators of trauma practitioners. – From the Foreword by Charles R. Figley, PhD, Florida State University Traumatology Institute, Tallahassee, FL
Still the best book on trauma therapy in print. It remains a reader friendly clinician’s guide to working with traumatic stress. The authors provide solid research along with practical interventions. This book is a must for your trauma bookshelf. – Dr. Michael Dubi, President of the International Association of Trauma Professionals